In the world of beauty, certain practices are widespread but are not recommended!
Our Director of Research and Development, Scientific Affairs, Nathalie Pelletier, helps us to rectify the situation by pointing out 4 common mistakes she has noticed over the years.
1. Omitting moisturizing products when you have combination or oily skin.
Unfortunately, this is a very common statement. People with combination or oily skin frequently have the reflex to avoid moisturizing products. However, in general, excess sebum on the skin is caused by a lack of water in the skin. It is therefore essential to deeply nourish the skin, both from the inside and the outside. Our professional serums and anti-ageing creams will help combination to oily skin to maintain a beautiful balance.
“Combination or oily skin needs as much moisture as other skin types. The hydrolipidic barrier needs to be protected and strengthened to allow the skin to regulate itself properly. Therefore, it is important to choose skincare products that contain quality moisturizing agents, such as ceramides or other highly purified natural sources of biolipids. These high–quality products will help to matify and regulate the skin while maintaining the right hydrolipidic balance, without clogging the skin’s pores or increasing sebum secretion.” explains Nathalie.
Our expert suggestions:
• The Ellagic C+ serum is suitable for all skin types. Its strengths? It provides instant and long-lasting photoprotection, neutralizes the free radicals responsible for premature skin aging, firms the skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
• The Youth Solution anti-aging cream. It boosts the metabolism of skin cells, detoxifies the epidermis and promotes subcutaneous regeneration. Result: softened, firmed and healthy–looking skin.
• The CODE line and especially the combination CS-06, for the purifying booster serum and its astringent action, combined with the ceramide cream that reduces inflammation and restores radiance to the skin.
2. Ignoring the changes of menopause on your skin
Menopause brings its share of changes to the body, and the skin is no exception. The common mistake most women make is to ignore these changes and continue to treat their skin as usual. Pre- or post-menopause, combination or oily skin can often even be replaced by dryness and deep dehydration. Ah, hormones!
If this is your case, go to the clinic to get advice from one of our technicians. They will be able to suggest cosmeceuticals that will meet your needs.
3. Reducing acne caused by the sun
It is true that in early summer, the gentle rays of the sun seem to work wonders on acne-prone skin. But contrary to popular belief, exposing your face to UV rays can actually have more harmful effects than you might expect. In fact, the sun has a drying effect on the skin. In the event of dehydration, the skin defends itself as best it can, i.e. by stimulating its production of sebum. You know the rest: more sebum, more chances of developing skin rashes!
Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen, both during prolonged exposure to the sun and on a daily basis.
Shop our sunscreen products HERE
4. Treat your skin with rosacea like an acneic skin
There’s no such thing as acne rosacea. While there are several stages of rosacea, the appearance of small pimples is mainly a sign of inflammatory rosacea and skin dehydration, not to be confused with acne. The solution in a case like this is to moisturize and soothe the skin.
Our suggestion for targeted care:
• Redness reducing serum to repair the skin barrier, refresh the skin and reduce inflammation and irritation.
• Post-Treatment Cream 2: Rich in biolipids (ceramides and essential fatty acids including omegas 3, 6 and 9), this cream restores dehydrated skin, rebalances the hydrolipidic barrier and soothes irritation.
• CODE CL-04 for its soothing serum and hyaluronic acid-enriched cream combined with 9 different ceramides specially designed for skin problems such as intense dryness, psoriasis, atopic eczema and atopic dermatitis.
Have you seen yourself making some of these mistakes? Taking care of your skin can seem like a daunting task. Fortunately, it’s easier than it seems when you know your skin’s needs and are accompanied by real experts!
Make an appointment online or at 1-877-252-0293 for a free consultation with our professional team.