Acting under the supervision of the Clinic Director, the Medical Office Assistant is responsible for greeting/hosting customers at the clinic, as well as communicating with them over the telephone, by email and/or fax. She provides outstanding customer service and is also responsible for invoicing clinic products and services.
1. Greeting Customers / Customer Service
- Greet customers when they arrive at the clinic and provide outstanding customer service.
- Create a file for each new customer and update existing customer files.
- Answer phone calls and reply to customer e-mails.
- Book customer appointments and manage the appointment calendar.
- Prepare customer files for next-day appointments
2. Reception Management
- Implement the clinic’s opening and closing procedures.
- Manage correspondence and postal mail.
- Establish the day's treatments in collaboration with the consultant.
- Manage the clinic’s info e-mail inbox.
- Ensure that the reception area, boutique area and waiting area are properly maintained and stocked.
- Order office supplies and beverages.
- Close batches, balance daily reports and transfer receivables to accounting.
- Ensure availability of cash in the register and notify the person in charge.
3. Customer Invoicing
- Prepare customer invoices and verify invoices daily.
- High school leaving diploma is mandatory, training in secretarial/office systems would be an asset.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy.
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities.
- Demonstrated rigor, reliability and flexibility.