With the constant evolution of new products, treatments and trends, it can be exciting and easy to get carried away quickly, filling drawers and cabinets with the latest innovations in skincare. For others who may prefer a minimalist lifestyle or can’t imagine having time for a 9-step regimen morning and night, the world of skincare can be overwhelming. If that sounds like you, we’re here to assure you that sometimes less is more, especially when it comes to skincare.
Whether it’s to save time or counterspace, there are a few things you shouldn’t skip out on if you want to maintain healthy, beautiful skin. Today we’re going back to the basics so you can feel confident that you have all your skincare essentials. We promise it doesn’t have to be complicated!
1. Facial Cleanser
The first step in your routine should be a facial cleanser that is suitable for your skin type.
You’ve probably heard you shouldn’t go to sleep without removing your make-up. It’s true! Make-up left on can mix with the dirt and oils in your skin and lead to clogged pores and blemishes.
• Try the Functionalab Micellar Solution, a gentle option for any skin type. No rinsing required! Pro tip: keep one in your gym bag!
• Try the Functionalab Cleanser and Toner, a 2-in-1 product available in Milk (for normal/dry skin) or Gel (for combination skin).
• Try the SkinCeuticals LHA Cleanser Gel for oily and combination skin types to decongest pores, smooth skin texture, and brighten skin.
Serums are ideal for addressing specific skin concerns like dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles, or redness.
Professional serums formulated with high concentrations of pharmaceutical grade active ingredients help target these issues, plus you can layer or alternate them if there is more than one.
• Try Functionalab Professional Serums or SkinCeuticals Corrective Serums and choose the formula(s) best suited for your skin goals.
3. Eye Cream
The naturally thinner skin that makes up the eye contour is especially prone to dehydration and loss of tone.
Applying eye cream is a quick and easy step that can help counter the signs of aging, firm the skin, reduce puffiness, and minimize dark circles.
Remember, a little goes a long way here!
• Try Functionalab Eye Contour Serum for immediate tensing, anti-sagging and detoxifying action.
• Try SkinCeuticals AOX+ Eye Gel, a preventative and corrective serum-in-a-gel with advanced environmental protection.
No matter your skin type, keeping your skin hydrated with a suitable moisturizer is essential.
Did you know not applying moisturizer to oily skin can actually cause your skin to become dry and overproduce oils?
It’s important that you find the right product for you – oily skin may benefit from a lightweight moisturizer and dry skin may benefit from heavier formulas. We are all unique!
• Try Functionalab Intense Hydration Anti-Aging Cream, the ultimate anti-aging cream that provides instant and long-lasting hydration for dry and mature skin types.
• Try Functionalab Youth Solution Anti-Aging Cream, available in 2 formulas for normal to dry and combination skin types.
• Try SkinCeuticals Daily Moisture, a lightweight moisturizer for normal to oily skin that hydrates, nourishes, and helps reduce the appearance of pore size.
Last, but certainly not least, a daily mineral sunscreen is a must! Yes, even on cloudy days, all year long! Why mineral sunscreen? Read more here.
Sun exposure without protection can lead to visible signs of aging, such as dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles, and have damaging effects long-term.
As a minimalist, you can look to combine your moisturizer and sunscreen or choose a sunscreen with a tinted formula to suit a no make-up make-up routine.
• Try the Functionalab SPF 50 Tinted for a natural glow, daily antioxidant defence, and hydration.
• Try the SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 to promote natural radiance and a more even skin tone.
We are with you every step of the way on your journey to healthy and beautiful skin!
Our team of skin experts at Dermapure can help you choose the appropriate treatment plan for your skin concerns.
Call us for a free consultation today and rediscover healthy looking skin: 1 877-252-0293