Aesthetic medicine is constantly innovating, and is experiencing a worldwide growth rate of over 8% per year. Choices regarding cosmetic solutions are no longer as limited and invasive as before. Dr. Guy Chamberland, a pillar of this discipline, has helped make the latest cosmetic innovations accessible in Québec.
What exactly is aesthetic medicine?
This term refers to all of the non-invasive medical practices intended to correct physical and skin imperfections related or unrelated to aging. It also acts preventively with high-tech approaches that work on the deep layers of the skin to stimulate – among other things – collagen production – a procedure that’s unfortunately impossible with cosmetic surgery.
Unlike surgical treatments, the results of cosmetic medicine are more natural and can be observed gradually. The risks are minimal because the treatments are safe and don’t usually require any recovery time.
A brief overview of the most common approaches:
- Neuromodulators and hyaluronic acid injections to fill wrinkles and reshape your face;
- Elimination of fatty deposits to refine your shape;
- Peels and microdermabrasion to deeply exfoliate the skin;
- Tightening of the skin on the face and body with radiofrequency, especially with Thermage® and Venus FreezeTM technologies;
- Lifting of the face, neck, eyelids, and neckline without surgery with ultherapy;
- Capillary biostimulation;
- Permanent hair removal with lasers or pulsed light.
An increasingly democratized practice
The era when cosmetic procedures were reserved for privileged people is practically over, thanks to the democratization of cosmetic medicine. Before, major surgery was the only effective option for achieving visible results when it came to correcting certain signs of aging on the face. This was accompanied by numerous contraindications and potential post-op side effects.
Today, the appearance of filling products and cutting-edge techniques using light, heat, and even cold have allowed for much safer and more pleasant treatments.
Dr. Guy Chamberland
Recognized for his expertise in cosmetic medicine in Québec since 2001, Dr. Guy Chamberland specializes in treating wrinkles with neuromodulators and filler injections. He also works as a training doctor in this field in addition to teaching family and emergency medicine at the Université de Sherbrooke.
This general practitioner and emergency doctor, who graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the Université de Laval in 1992, is also a specialist in treating varicose veins and laser treatments intended to improve the appearance of the skin. Thanks to a career rich in experience, Dr. Guy Chamberland is a pillar (so to speak) in medical-aesthetic treatments with injections in Québec.
Dr. Guy Chamberland is a member of:
- The Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine;
- La Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec;
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada;
- Le Collège des médecins du Québec;
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.